Andover, MA- Full Time
Microbial Machines is an exciting early-stage company that is engineering probiotic bacteria to image, diagnose, and treat diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. We are pushing the boundaries of using living therapeutics to selectively target diseased tissue and are rapidly expanding our research team. We are seeking highly skilled research associates who are excited to work in a fast-paced, rapidly expanding, and forward-thinking company. Our space is located approximately 30 minutes from downtown Boston in Andover, MA and includes 24-hour security, an on-site gym with locker room facilities, free parking, and a shuttle service to/from Kendall Square in Cambridge, MA. Employees will receive a competitive salary, equity, and benefits.
- Assist scientists with experiments and data analysis
- Aid in preparation of lab stock supplies, bacterial cell culture, and buffers
- Manage mammalian cell lines in preparation for experiments
- Aid in lab and equipment management
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Microbiology, Biological Engineering, Biochemistry, or a related field
- At least 2 years practical lab experience
- Ability to work as part of a small team and to learn to new techniques as needed
- Excellent work ethic and time management skills
Microbial Machines Biotherapeutics is an equal-opportunity employer.
Jeffrey Wagner, PhD
Chief Scientific Officer